Main Slider

Honeymoon tour continued: My Rich Life travels in Africa

Honeymoon tour continued: My Rich Life travels in Africa

I’ve been sharing my honeymoon stories and other aspects of my life on my Instagram stories.

In the last installment of my Honeymoon Series, we explored Italy with our parents, and now we’ve moved on to …

Travel in Africa -- Instagram

AFRICA! Come join us and our safari adventures in Kenya.

Our first night, we stayed in Nairobi.

Travel in Africa -- Instagram

I was feeling it:

Travel in Africa -- Instagram

That was my attempt at posing. Damn.

We took a bush plane to our first safari stop in Laikipia.

Travel in Africa -- Instagram

Travel in Africa -- Instagram

But all was well afterward.

Travel in Africa -- Instagram

And now the real adventure begins!

Travel in Africa -- Instagram

We went to three different safari camps to see different animals and environments, based on our budget, what kinds of animals we wanted to see, if we wanted to hike (no), if we were into luxury (YES!), if we’re adventurous (yes), etc.

Travel in Africa -- Instagram

I want to show you some of the animals I saw and what I learned about them.

Travel in Africa -- Instagram

Travel in Africa -- Instagram

We stayed at Borana, Saruni Samburu, and Angama Mara.

At Angama, I rented a camera for the day. After looking at my photos, they weren’t great, so I stopped by the photo shop and asked if I could hire Adam Bannister, the photography instructor, to go on safari and coach me on my photo-taking skills.

Travel in Africa -- Instagram

Here’s a picture I took before Adam coached me:

Travel in Africa -- Instagram

And here are some much-improved photos after Adam’s coaching:

Travel in Africa -- Instagram

Travel in Africa -- Instagram

What a stark difference! Here’s one more and possibly my favorite:

Travel in Africa -- Instagram

What do you think?

Many of you know that I LOVE spending extravagantly on things like convenience and luxury.

I loved going through and finding all of the things that hospitality businesses thought about providing Cass and me for a truly memorable, luxurious experience. It’s the little details that matter.

Let me show you a couple of examples:

Travel in Africa -- Instagram

I was able to use my cell phone to arrange everything I ever needed and reach different people in the camp for essentially everything I could ever dream of.

For example, I could request a special dinner where we could eat under the stars or a picnic — and they help make it happen.

Travel in Africa -- Instagram

Travel in Africa -- Instagram

Worth every penny. A few other little details I noticed and appreciated:

Travel in Africa -- Instagram

Travel in Africa -- Instagram

We loved visiting a Maasai village and seeing how they live.

Travel in Africa -- Instagram

This was such a rich experience for us.

If you enjoyed this, I’ll be continuing my Honeymoon Diaries in India next. You can also follow along in real time with my slices of living a Rich Life on Instagram (@ramit).

One of my goals is to show you how I live my Rich Life — and to encourage you to decide what your Rich Life is. Maybe it’s a long honeymoon, or working from home, or starting a business.  You decide what your Rich Life is.

Let me know what you think by posting a comment below or DM’ing me on Instagram (@ramit).

Honeymoon tour continued: My Rich Life travels in Africa is a post from: I Will Teach You To Be Rich.